Slavery's explosive growth: USA Today's interactive graphic
In exchange for our $23 million in digital capital and untold millions of dollars in profits from standing in line for chicken sandwiches, Black consumers have the right to ask some fundamental questions.
- Does the CEO of this company have any Black executives reporting to him/her?
- Does this company support Black advocacy groups like NAACP, NUL, BLM?
- Does the company support political issues that protect the Black community?
- What percentage of franchise owners are Black?
- Does the company spend money with Black vendors and entrepreneurs?
- Does the company hire and promote Black employees in the stores and at the corporate level?
- Does the company support Black community events, education initiatives and Black-owned platforms with advertising dollars?
8. Is there a Black Board member?