- Better passwords. Get a password manager, like LastPass, that will generate strong passwords for you. Stop using 1234, your kids' birthdays, dog's name* plus your address, etc.
- Do your software updates. You want to get the updates that the companies send out that fix security patches.
- Clean out your inbox. "Clean Email" is a really good service that will actually analyze your inbox and let you know what you can delete. **
- Take advantage of the screen time options that you have for your phone. (iphone: Screen Time; android: Digital Wellbeing) Look for "Downtime" within those settings. You can set your phone to not give you access to your browser, apps, etc. for a certain amount of time. Of course, you can override it if you need to but it is a good psychological way to give yourself a break.
- Disable all of your social media notifications.
Steph: They can go into your social media. They can scour that for all kinds of clues.
Steph: They're already doing it anyway. Gmail's already traipsing through all of your messages anyway. Drew: Yeah, 100%.
Sort it by sender, create a folder, send what you don't need into a folder and then delete that folder.