- Who are African people to each other*? (Social Structure)
- Who are African people to other people*? (Governance)
- What science and technologies** did Africans develop at any moment, to help advance our lives? (Ways of Knowing)
- What ways of knowing*** did we develop, what ways of understanding the world? (Epistemology****)
- As we remember something in our history, how do we pass that memory on through time? (Movement & Memory)
- What did we create in that moment to help us understand*****? (Cultural Meaning Making)
Dr. Carr: Umberto Eco ("On the Shoulder of Giants") says, 'every generation is really coming out of an argument or relationship, with the generations before it. So what he say's is, when you see these Europeans come into the Enlightenment period, they're arguing with those who came just before them, but in order to win the argument, they skip over that generation and go back and create a Greece and a Rome, to give them a heritage.
Dr. Carr: You can call it, The African Method.