- called an "Unconscious Bias" seminar
- theme: knowing your blind spots
- recognizing when you have an unconscious bias
- exercises about the different biases that people might have
- allowed people to ask questions
- did not specifically talk about African Americans
- talked about all minorities in general and the biases that we experience in corporate America
- it was 2 hours so it really was not a lot
Karen: I just discovered that it is mandated, that it is law in several states, that Black History, Civil Rights History, has to be taught in order to graduate and no one is implementing it.
Great discussion on the following video:
Caller mentioned that her organization was asked to hire someone for a diversity and inclusion seminar and discussed the details:
"Seeds from the Show"
- by Skye Bailey
Sharing small gems from
"The Karen Hunter Show".
Enter the classroom on SiriusXM Channel 126, Monday - Friday, 3pm - 6pm.